Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trouble On The Tracks?

I am in New York.
And it is beautiful.
Yesterday my friend Jeremy and I walked from the top of Central Park to the bottom...which, if you didn't know, is approximately 50 blocks. Then, we did a whole lot more walking around ChinaTown and other parts of the city. In all, I probably walked more than 100 blocks. (Yes, my feet were sore.)

Today has already proven to be an interesting day. I went to Target in the Bronx because I needed to get some groceries. I hopped on the 1 train at 181 Street and started riding it, only to find out that it was running express ALL the way to the end of the line!
I ended up on 242 Street in the Bronx. Then I transferred to the downtown train and literally sat there for about fifteen minutes.
I guess what had happened was there was a train on 158th Street that had it's emergency brake pulled...this, in turn, backed up all trains behind it.

When I finally walked through the doors of Target, about an hour had gone by...
It should have only taken me about ten minutes.

Ha!

Let the games begin!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! ugh! pray I get the money to visit cause I am dreaming of NYC!

    ReplyDelete